Thursday, April 19, 2012

First timer

Can someone in the know please clarify a few things for me.I%26#39;ve just booked for a week at Bally%26#39;s for Sept %26#39;08 direct through their website. Although this will be my 4th trip to LV I%26#39;ve always done it via a third party eg Expedia, so everything was paid upfront.

I know they have charged me the 1st night plus tax on my credit card it%26#39;s what happens next I%26#39;m not really sure of. Is this right?

They charge my cc for the rest of the stay at check-out? I think I%26#39;ve read on here something about an $100 a day incidental charge to my cc as well. Finally if I sign up for their total rewards card could I get something comped off my final bill depending on how much I gamble and do you have to ask for this?

First timer

They should bill the rest at checkout and you can probably get that first night back should you need to cancel up to a short time before arriving

First timer

Can%26#39;t help with everything because we%26#39;ve always used a third party as well, but....

You could possibly get part of the charges comped depending on how much you gamble. Just go to the Total Rewards desk and sign up for a card. Make sure you use it EVERY time you play. When you check out, I think you just ask if anything is covered. Not sure because we don%26#39;t gamble enough to get comps.

As for the incidental charge, I don%26#39;t think this is actually charged to the card, but they just put a hold on a certain amount per day. We%26#39;ve stayed at Bally%26#39;s more than once, and I%26#39;ve never actually paid that incidental charge. And it%26#39;s not just Bally%26#39;s that does that. I think it%26#39;s just a precaution the hotels take.


Sister Dino is correct about the incidentals charge...they don%26#39;t actually ';charge'; it...they just put a hold on your card. You won%26#39;t even notice anything has happened.

Normally I find hotels charge you every day for the previous night before...you%26#39;ve already paid the first night + tax....and then the same will happen each subsequent day when you are there.

Doesn%26#39;t hurt to sign up for a Total Rewards card to see what happens...at the very least you should start getting some good offers for future stays!!


One other thing with Bally%26#39;s.....be aware that if you use their safe in the room they will charge you (think it%26#39;s $3 or $5 a day)...they are the only hotel on the strip that I know of who charges to use the safe in the room!!! Just an FYI......


';they are the only hotel on the strip that I know of who charges to use the safe in the room!!! ';

The Tropicana charges for use of the in-room safe as well.


It is correct that they will put a ';hold'; on so much of your card for every day. Total Rewards is normally better for come back room offers then on the spot comps (at least at my low roller level of play). But do sign up for card and use it all the time.

When you check out you can either put room on your card or pay cash your choice. We normally settle up anything with cash.


Thanks everyone my mind is at rest now, just another 11 months to go!!

  • natural makeup
  • com and interop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment