Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tipping?

Hi,





In order to avoid offending anyone when we%26#39;re in Vegas, could someone please let me know what the etiquette is with regard to tipping?





I%26#39;m aware that is the norm to tip for bags being carried etc, but what is deemed as an acceptable amount....Do I work on the basis of a dollar bill each time or will the recipient be expecting more? I%26#39;m no tight ar*e, but don%26#39;t want to be taken for a ride!!





Likewise, when playing slot machines I assume waitresses will come round and offer us drinks which are free of charge (?)...how much should we tip per drink?





Any help / advice would be appreciated.





Cheers



Tipping?


I usually tip a $1 per bag and $1 or $2 per drink depending the service.



15-20% for taxis, restaurant service %26amp; spa services.



Tipping?


Hmmm I tipped 30% for a taxi trip (short journey) and the taxi driver came after me as he said it wasn%26#39;t enough...




Luci I hope you told him where to go




$1 per drink is acceptable most everywhere. Like many things in Vegas, there is no upper limit so you can tip what you want to if the service is really great.




First: I hope luci5 told the cab driver where to go in a REALLY LOUD voice.





$1 per bag is good but if they are making a trip for just one bag maybe consider a $5.





$1 for a drink in the slot area and you will always have a fresh drink. :)





15% or 20% is correct for just about everything else.





If you hit the million dollar jackpot don%26#39;t do the 15% but deffinately do more than $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment