Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Savmor Rent A Car - Broken Cars - Bad Customer Service

I just wanted to let everyone know about Savmor Rent A Car based at the McCarran Airport Rent A Car Center. I believe they have been a local company in Las Vegas for many years, but now Savmor is starting to show up on the major travel reservation search engines. Sometimes the company is listed as Sav-mor Rent A Car. They also might have recently changed their name from Ace Rent A Car.





I rented an economy car from Savmor for three days while on a business trip in Las Vegas. Here is what their Web site said about the company: ';We believe in good people, good cars and good customer service.'; This statement is the biggest joke of all time! First off the clerk tried to sell me CDW insurance. This is common for most rental car companies, but they were offering it for $24 a day! Way overpriced! Though, they did give me the car I reserved - a economy car, but a 2005 model with high mileage and major mechanical problems. The brakes had a loud squeal, the car vibrated terribly at idle and the engine had an exhaust leak. Definitely, an unsafe car. When I returned the car after the rental, I nicely told the clerk about the problems with the car. This is when the ';attitude problem'; started. ';Hey, you should have just returned it for another car. And, ';You got a smokin%26#39; deal, so what does it matter.'; And my favorite, ';We know nothing about the condition of these cars, unless someone tells us.'; Savmor may ';believe in'; good people, good cars and good customer service, but they con good people, have horrible/unsafe cars and have the worst customer service in the industry.





I%26#39;m not sure how a licensed company can rent these types of cars to the public. Savmor does not maintain their cars and they treat their customers like dirt. I will be filing a compliant with state/local authorities about their unsafe cars. We need to get Savmor off the road!





Savmor Rent A Car - Broken Cars - Bad Customer Service


anytime you have a problem - be it a bad rental car, a dirty room, bad service at a restaurant - SAY SOMETHING at that time. I read here the other day someone told us the carpet in room was filthy and no smoke detector, just a wire - absurd to stay in this room.



You kept this car the rental time? WHY people.



ALL companies have bad days - and although this is not your fault, i believe you get better customer service when you mention problems immediately. as far as the age and miles on the car, maybe no way to complain if the reservation doesn%26#39;t specifically say the year.



bad customer service is never tolerated - sorry for your problems. I do know the users have to report issues with cars - the companies do routine checks and inspections - they have no way to know of a new problem between inspections, unless the user tells them. Certainly wouldn;t rent from them based on the bad customer serbice.



Savmor Rent A Car - Broken Cars - Bad Customer Service


Did you at least get a good deal on the rental? I am not too concerned about the kind of car I drive, so if it is cheap enough I might consider renting from them.




The thing with this company is that they look really cheap early on but there tends to be a window where companies like Alamo and Dollar drop their prices to be pretty close. When you add coupons and discount codes to the rates of the better known companies, you don%26#39;t save enough to make dealing with Savmor worth it. If you do search on Savmor and Ace here, you will have a hard time finding comments from people who were satisfied.




I always stick to the major car rental companies in Vegas- or anywhere else. I might pay a little more and there is no guarantee that there will be no problems-even with the biggies- but I just don%26#39;t want to take a chance of getting a problem car and/or bad service. I have always been happy with Thrifty (even when I returned a car with a dent in it ) and Dollar.




Good point bridgefan_1 - why didn%26#39;t I call the company about the problems after I experienced all the problems with the car. A colleague was driving the car at first in route to an important business meeting, and by the time I knew about all the problems with the car we were 45 miles away from the Rental Car Center. I called Savmor during that first day and they said just to return the car to the Rental Car Center at the airport to exchange the car. They would not delivery a replacement car to us in Primm, Nv, which was about 45 miles away.





Here is my point: In my 25 years of renting cars, I have never received a car in such bad condition. The car needed a brake job, the engine/transmission mounts were cracked or broken and the exhaust system had a major leak. These conditions don%26#39;t suddenly happen over a three day rental. How could any rental car company give a car to a customer in that condition?





You probably wouldn%26#39;t have heard from me about the this issue, until it got to the customer service part of it. When I turned in the car, the clerk checking in the car had a horrible attitude about my rental car experience. Again, probably the worst I%26#39;ve ever been treated in any customer service situation. The guy was a smartass and didn%26#39;t care about the problems with the car. He tried to blame me for the problems.





It just showed that Savmor does not train their employees properly and they don%26#39;t care or maintain their cars. And I guarantee you that the same car I rented a few days ago is now back on the road with the same major mechanical problems being driven by an unsuspecting customer. And this is not a isolated incident. Check other reviews at different Web sites about Savmor.





So, please do not try to defend any rental car company that gives unsafe cars to its customers. It%26#39;s a safety issue and the world needs to know about.




przyk - Savmor was about $8 cheaper a day from the next lowest rate for a three day weekday rental. But, as you can see from my review, you don%26#39;t want to risk your life with their unsafe cars. Pay a little bit more and go with one of the major rental car companies, but never rent from Savmor...




TripKid, just quit while your behind. The more you post the less credible you sound. Thank you for the public service announcement but please move on!




';The more you post the less credible you sound. ';





really. When I look at a profile and see only 5 posts, all slamming the same company, there%26#39;s a definite ';credibility gap';.




Squeak is a good word to use here.





You dont get somthin for nothin in this world.




Two business travelers rent an economy car from an unknown car rental agency (to save $8.00 per day) to drive 45 miles to an ';important'; business meeting????????





I guess times are getting tough aren%26#39;t they?

1 comment: