Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best Cheap Rental Car Company in Las Vegas?

I am looking for a super cheap rental car company, but one that also offers liability and collision insurance. I found one major chain, but that type of insurance was almost $40 a day! yikes!





Do you have any favorite rental car companies?



Best Cheap Rental Car Company in Las Vegas?


Use Dollar car rental, join Dollar Express and book, online.



Newer cars, good rates, frequent free upgrades



Use a platinum credit card, with supplemental car rental insurance, to pay for rental, don%26#39;t pay for ins. at the counter



Do not rent from the lower tier rental companies, they will scam you any way possible, and give you older, poorly maintained cars



Best Cheap Rental Car Company in Las Vegas?


We always use Alamo, they usually have great deals and is a very good company.




I have never had a problem with Thrifty or Dollar. Insurance from any rental car company is going to cost a bit- but not $40. Are you sure your own car insurance or credit card won%26#39;t cover you for insurance?




We always bid on priceline for car rentals and have never paid more than $11 - 13 a day. Just looking at our receipt in September, we paid 4 days @ $13 = $52 + $35.50 in taxes totalled $87.50 and the car rental was with Hertz ( for an economy car).




The first thing is to make sure you do need the insurance. If you really do because you don%26#39;t own a car and therefore don%26#39;t have personal car insurance you might be better off looking for private insurance from other than the car rental companies.





I know I have read posts in the past about insurance companies that offer car rental insurance at much cheaper rates than the rental companies.





If you can not find insurance other than buying it from where you rent make usure you shop around for prices comparing the total cost of the rental, insurance and taxes.





Southwest airlines web site has a good tool for comparing car rental rates, but I am not sure it includes insurance cost.




www.tripinsurancestore.com was referenced in a TA post last year. I don%26#39;t know anything about the company, but you can go to the website and look at what they offer for car rental insurance.




My trip is fast approaching and I am still trying to decide when to do the rental car....part of me wants to be at hoover dam early in the morning...by 9am at the latest. So, I am contemplating renting the car thursday night, and then returning it on friday.......If I rent it on friday, then I won%26#39;t be able to start my trip until about 9 or 10am.....and then I will return it on the day that I fly out. what sounds best ?





Also, my car insurance covers rental cars, but only damage done to another car (i think), and there may be a clause about only being able to use it if I am not able to use my car...not sure about that part, so I am going to have to research it today.





I am going to go with travel guard or access america, and get their rental car insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment