Thursday, April 19, 2012

o

Hi,



We are going to Vegas for the first time at the beginning of January and i have been told to book a show before we get there. ';O%26#39; has been recommended and i just looked on a couple of websites to book - just through Google and the first one said tickets were $300 US and the next one said $165 US.



The cheaper tickets seem to be near the front and says preferred seating so how do i know if these are legit and why is there such a price difference? Is it OK to pay by credit card over the internet for these and do i get any sort of confirmation for booking this way when i give over my details so i know the tickets will be there to be collected.



Has anyone done this?



Also can anyone suggest good places to eat - 2 adults, 2 teenagers.



We%26#39;re there for 2 nighs and staying at Luxor.



Thanks.





o


If you sit right in front, it%26#39;s known as the wet zone. Some friends sat there and didn%26#39;t get as wet as they expected. Were the $300 tickets for sale by a broker? The best deal is to book with the Bellagio. They offer a dinner - show package. Go to their web site.



o


The top face value for O tickets in $165 (including tax). So at $300 you must be dealing with a broker. Don%26#39;t. Try booking directly through the hotel or at least via their website. Go to www.bellagio.com and click on the O Cirque du Soleil link on the home page. You can easily check ticket availability for any night you are in town. You will not pay extra. Also, Luxor is part of MGM-MIrage, which owns Bellagio, so someone at Luxor might be able to help you with tickets if you are uncomfortable using a credit card online.





Again, I would avoid tickets brokers unless you are desperate and there are absolutely no seats available otherwise. I really enjoyed O at $165 a ticket, but $300 is ridiculous. I doubt that you would be disappointed with $100 seats, so do not feel you need to pay top dollar. Just make sure they are not partial view (not sure if there are any of those at O but there are at other Cirque shows). I also would not go for front row seats (where you might get wet), as it seems you miss some of the spectacle, but there are those who will argue otherwise.





As for dining, I suggest eating at Bellagio. There is a wide array of choices from reasonable to extremely expensive and an equally wide array of cuisine types. Again, check the Bellagio website for dining options and see what you like. Bellagio offers a dinner and show package that is fairly priced if you like the restaurant and menu choices( which are limited on the package). Possible casual dining choices for a family with teens are Fix, Sensi, Noodles and Olives (my favorite of these).







There are restaurant reviews available by clicking on the Dining tab near the top of this page.




We recently saw ';O'; - called the Bellagio and booked directly - sat in the 1st balcony - great seats $125.00 - could see everything - if this is your first Cirque show - you might want to think about seeing Mystere at Treasure Island - excellent show.





Mon Ami Gabi is across the street at Paris - if you sit outside you can see the fountains at the Bellagio and the food is excellent!





Good luck and enjoy




I agree with the others.....book directly through the Beallgio website to get yoru tickets, or call the box office directly.





When I saw it we sat in the Loggia seats (run along the edge of the balcony) and they were great seats!!





If this is your first Cirque de Soliel show I also agree with the previous poster that you should also consider seeing Mystere. It really is the quintessential ';typical'; CDS show in Las Vegas.





Enjoy!!




In theory I agree with others about Mystere being the place to start with Cirque, but if I were coming all the way from Australia, I would want to see the best show since I am not likely to be back soon. For my money, the best Cirque show is O.




Thank you all so much for your replies. They are very helpful.




I would definitely book direct with Bellagio if possible. I sat in the %26#39;obstructed view%26#39; seats and honestly, it was not obstructed. I sat in the fourth row up (r) in the upper orchestra. The guy in the seat next to me paid $150 and I only $93. If you can get that row or the loggia seats, I%26#39;d say they are great and a wonderful savings.




I would want to see the best show since I am not likely to be back soon. For my money, the best Cirque show is O.





Everyone has his/her idea of which is the best Cirque show. I have seen O, Ka, Mystere(twice) and Love. I agree with the other posters- I always suggest Mystere for someone%26#39;s first Cirque show. To me it has the most WOW moments of all the shows.





Having said that- you can%26#39;t go wrong with any of the above shows (although I really didn%26#39;t like Ka- others would not agree with me).




For our trip in Sept, we booked ';O'; in July. We didn%26#39;t want to sit up front and get splashed on, so we got the first row of the balcony area - $135 directly from the hotel%26#39;s site.





It was very very nice as our first Cirque show.





As we picked up our will-call tix, we asked if there were any tix for ';Love'; the next night. They said yes, a few singles scattered up front. We snatched them up for $165 each - and actually liked ';Love'; better than ';O'; - but they were both really good.




vp





Not sure why you felt compelled to call me out in your post. Perhaps you didn%26#39;t catch it, but the expression ';for my money'; is the same thing as saying ';in my opinion.'; So my vote for O was exactly that -- my opinion.





And while I will agree with you that Mystere has more wow moments by the performers, I think you have to consider the entire show. In the case of O that means the truly remarkable stage, which pushes it beyond Mystere in wow factor -- in my opinion.





I would say that either way they will be satisfied, but there are plenty of people that don%26#39;t like any Cirque show.

No comments:

Post a Comment