Thursday, April 19, 2012

when booking air fare can you book outgoing and incoming at

Hi all and thanks for your lastest replies. Was wondering if you bought your outgoing flight to Las.. and not a retun flight at the same time could it be risky! I see alot of good prices going out, but comming back they are very high for this April. If you do not book round trip, what could happen. Thanks Sandy in Connectuict



when booking air fare can you book outgoing and incoming at


I%26#39;m not sure what you are asking? You can buy a one way ticket but it is usually less to purchase round-trip. Are you saying you want to buy one way now and then the return later?



when booking air fare can you book outgoing and incoming at


You mihgt end up taking the Greyhound bus back to the east coast. If you have any flexibility try different dates, but I would never buy a one way ticket with the hope that prices will come down for the return trip.




Yes I guess that is what i am asking! My girl friend who lives in Tenn always buys her in comming ticket to Ct and waits to by her return ticket maybe 2 or so weeks later. She seems to have no problem doing that with southwest. I myself get very nervouse when she does that but it always seem to work out. Why not to Vegas? just looking for info! Thanks again! Sandy




Hope I don%26#39;t need to drive in the snow to answer this one.



OK... to answer the question, I%26#39;d need to know the carrier. But as an example, many low cost carriers (JetBlue Southwest) sell their flights individually(no discount for round-trip). In this case, you may do well to wait, but I doubt it, unless you use 2 different airlines. (see below)



If you are looking at carriers like United, they may give discounts for RT purchases, but in your example, the return flight may already be booked so you may do well to just buy the one-way with them and the return with another company. Make sense?



BTW their is a Air Travel forum on Trip Advisor and both this and your JetBlue question would have been better answered there in my humble opinion.



tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Airlines…




Thanks Dr, I knew you would give me the right answers and I will check that out... And yes, you also responed to my Jet Blue JFK question... Looking for the best times and cheapest way to go, but in reality, cheap is cheap, and risky and I will stick your andvice from yesterday and be patient. In the realityof it what is 100 dollars more when you are planning a trip to vegas! $$$$$




DrVegas nailed it with his answer. Besides, it%26#39;s too early to look for great fares in April. The fares usually drop 30-21 (I think, don%26#39;t hold me to that) days before departure then go back up the closer you get.



Sign up for Southwest emails and download their Ding! software. We%26#39;ve gotten some great fares that way. For example $44+ tax e/w from Orlando to Manchester, N.H (Boston), $59 e/w Orlando to New Orleans, and $83 e/w Orlando to Seattle next week.



Some people on this forum don%26#39;t care much for Southwest, but we (said with fingers crossed) have never had any problems. Like the others, we don%26#39;t care much for the lack of seat assignments, but you can%26#39;t beat the price.




Forgot to add. You may want to look into another flight time or even a red-eye back to save some $$$.




You Guys are great!!! Txs so much... Viva Las Vegas




Wow, I would never have thought so many would respond that it is an okay idea to buy a one way ticket and wait to buy the return. I guess I am just not that big a gambler. Maybe I need to get off the Vegas forum.




With Jet Blue and Southwest, I would book both ways now and if the price drops they will give you a credit.


  • natural makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment