Friday, April 13, 2012

leaving in 3 weeks/2 questions

My husband and I will be in Vegas in 3 weeks. We would like to eat at Lawry%26#39;s Prime Rib. We will be staying at Bally%26#39;s. Will we be able to walk to the restaurant or will we need a cab? Also, will Bally%26#39;s hot tub be open? Thanks for your help.

leaving in 3 weeks/2 questions

Lawrys is within a mile, so it depends on your shoes, energy level, and weather. Walk there, cab it back when stuffed

Contact Ballys dirrectly for pool area hours, but either way, it will be too cool weatherwise, to put you in the mood for hot tub. Have a DRY robe with you for returning to the room if you do it

leaving in 3 weeks/2 questions

To me, there is a difference between walking to a place like Ellis Island (which is on the way btw) for a $7 steak special and walking to Lawry%26#39;s for a nice meal. If it were me, I%26#39;d take a cab. Cost will be in the $10 or less range each way. Here is a map that shows the streets and location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl

I%26#39;m not sure about the jacuzzi situation, but the highs will probably be in the low to mid 60%26#39;s so consider that before jumping in.


Doc%26#39;s right, the day temps are on the low side (compared to summer) but the sun can feel nice and warm. the winds can chill, though, especially at night. I just got back and the highs were in the 60%26#39;s and nights were near freezing. There was a jacuzzi where I was staying but I preferred to soak in the bathtub, especially after getting my feet into the Colorado when kayaking! (water temp was about 50).

As for walking, well, if you%26#39;re like me( I LOVE walking), a walk to the restaurant might be nice if you like walks. But on the way back, a cab is likely a better bet.

Enjoy your stay!


From Harrahs.com:

';The Bally’s pool is now closed for the off season. It is anticipated to open again March 1st, 2008. Bally’s guests may use the Paris pool during the off season. The Paris pool and cabana hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.';

In the past, this has meant the entire area, including the hot tubs, was off limits. You can go to Paris%26#39; hot tub.


I have used a Jacuzzi in the winter and it can be a challenge- getting in and staying in- no problem. The problem- getting out, drying off, getting dressed and getting back into the hotel without turning into an ice cube if the temps are low enough! Sometimes just sunbathing is enough. Even then- if it is windy (and Vegas can get mighty windy) you might not even want to do that.


waltrip is correct. The Bally%26#39;s pool is closed until 2008. I was just there. You cna use the facilities at Paris, I walked over there one day when it kinda warm (76 degrees) but only saw about 6 people hanging out. So I don%26#39;t think it would be warm enough even for a dip in the hot tub, can be very cold when getting out.

Enjoy


What about Flamingo%26#39;s Pools?


';What about Flamingo%26#39;s Pools?';

Closing this Friday until March. Wouldn%26#39;t be available anyway to a Bally%26#39;s guest.


The walk to Lawry%26#39;s should be about 20 minutes from Bally%26#39;s...no more.

  • programming
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment