Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MGM Signature-Any advantage to booking direct vs. VRBO?

I found a great corner one bedroom suite with a view of the strip on the VRBO site. I am a bit concerned that maybe our level of service (if by some slim chance we might encounter a problem) might not be as high as if we booked directly thru the MGM. There is a 20% savings by doing the VRBO, and DrVegas as you know, I need to recoup some funds somewhere along the line after the price my husband paid for those Ellen tickets. lol.





Thanks! I swear, this is my last topic.



MGM Signature-Any advantage to booking direct vs. VRBO?


I don%26#39;t know about the level of service at the Signature, but we have booked many times through vrbo at various places and have never had any problems at any of the facilities.



MGM Signature-Any advantage to booking direct vs. VRBO?


Actually, I %26#39;think%26#39; that if I book through VRBO I can check in whenever we arrive which would be really nice, but I don%26#39;t know.





However, some ads say there is a mandatory $50 cleaning fee upon check out, others make no mention of it, so I am still unclear about this too. We like daily maid service, I wonder if that is an issue as well.




It%26#39;s up to the owners whether to pass the cleaning charge to you separately, or include it. If they don%26#39;t mention it in their ad, I would assume they include it, but you might want to verify that with them.





The only disadvantage I can see with booking through VRBO is that you don%26#39;t have much recourse if the hotel has no record of your booking when you arrive. You can dispute what you paid the owner, but that won%26#39;t help you to find a reasonable last-minute room if the owner is careless or dishonest.





I would still book through VRBO if I had a good recommendation for that specific owner, and the price was signficantly better than MGM%26#39;s. I think you%26#39;re right, you can check in any time because with VRBO you have a specific room assignment. You%26#39;ll know in advance which tower, which floor, and whether it has a balcony.




bumping up to see if anyone has used vrbo successfully for the Signature? Thanks.




Booking through VRBO is a no brainer. You can basically get an upgrade (penthouse, strip view, etc.) for a much lower price.





Most owners will give you a confirmation letter directly from the MGM Signature and you can call to confirm your stay.




Anyone want to explain what VRBO is?




VBRO dot com (Vacations Rentals By Owner) provides rental listings for privately owned condos at The Signature @ MGM Grand.





I booked through SignatureMGMGand site because for the particular date I wanted to book there were no real savings after the available VBRO propeties tacked on the cleaning fees. (There are some that would have been real savings but they were already booked),





Biggest benefit to booking through Signature MGM is the more liberal cancellation policy than most VBRO listings.





Other advantages include:



1. Available promos such as two for one golf, spa, show, etc.



2. Potential for free/low cost upgrade, if available.



3, More choices for room location, if available.





Of couse booking through VBRO gives you the benefit of knowing the exact room you will be getting.





By the way, Luxury Realty Group%26#39;s site for Signature MGM provides floor plans and room locations.




Unless you arrage for it, there won%26#39;t be daily maid service with VRBO. And there is always the risk that the person you are dealing with is either a scammer, or will go bankrupt or something.




Most VRBO listings accept credit cards so you have some protection there.





The average stay in Vegas is 3.4 days so maid service/turndown is not really an issue. Most hotels provide free extra towels upon request. You can also call down to the lobby to ask for turndown when you want it for a nominal charge.





Plus, almost all owners provide confirmation letters which you can call the hotel to confirm your stay.




While I%26#39;ve never booked at the Signature through vrbo.com, I%26#39;ve booked other locations through their site and have always had good luck and good prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment