Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trip Reports !

First off I LOVE TR%26#39;s, I am addicted to them, I find so much great worthwhile information off them, but lately well not lately it seems a long while, TR%26#39;s go on forever, and ever. I read Trip Advisor from home and from work... so when I start a TR from home... I also try to catch up at work... but honestly lately... I get confused unless you go back to the beginning, are these sisters, friends, married, cant remember, must go back to the start... for me it gets to be a wasted time process.....

I suggest , when you get back, write your TR on word, and then when ready copy paste it on Trip Advisors... all in one sequence, this way I can (I know im old, lol) remember the people, scenarios, etc.

Just me....

Trip Reports !

I agree with you. I too love the TR but do they really have to go on for 2 weeks to post them.

Trip Reports !

While I agree I get lost the longer they go on, especially when I%26#39;m reading several different ones...and that I, too, am old and forget...

We%26#39;re all different..... While you want the entire report together, my attention span is about as long as a gnat, lol! I%26#39;m good with 2 small paragraphs at a time!

Sometimes I%26#39;ll pull up a TR, and if it%26#39;s way too long, it%26#39;s more like homework and I%26#39;ll skip it..... no offense to the poster....just my little brain comes here for light reading. Books are saved for the bathroom....lol


JDMSS-I guess you might be referring to my trip report. A lot of people on here would prefer that you do your report in segments.

Some prefer that you post all at once. I am like Low-if it is too long I won%26#39;t bother but, if I can read in segments I will. Sorry, but you just can%26#39;t please everybody on here. I know personally I like to give back when I get home because I get so much information from trip reports. And I don%26#39;t have a job where I can write or read at work.

So, time is tough. I try to share the best way I can.


I hold my hand up as the most guilty one here ...!

It%26#39;s true that my TR became more like an %26#39; L %26amp; E%26#39; daily soap opera for a couple of weeks, and less like a report ...but people seemed to be enjoying it... and I was enjoying writing it ...and so it developed as it went along... I didn%26#39;t think there was any harm as no one was obliged to read it ! ....

Probably some would prefer a more facts and figures based report - whereas I like the ones with a personal slant as I get more of a sense of Vegas through a different pair of eyes ...and that%26#39;s the fun for me ...so if they carry on and are broken down into bite size chunks I am happy to follow it.

The joy of TA , I figure, is that when you open up the report you can decide whether you want to read it ...or not! ...the choice is yours !...


I can only say PLEASE keep posting your trip reports... doesn%26#39;t matter to me if they%26#39;re long or short, one page or more, I%26#39;ve gleaned just tons of information from the TRs and other posts in this forum since I started reading them. I%26#39;ve added to my %26#39;must do%26#39; list for our past 2 trips and discovered things (Rosemary%26#39;s, Hugos, Red Rock Canyon to name a few) that I never would have otherwise. If you think it%26#39;s too long or off topic for you... there%26#39;s always the next one!


I agree with Lantana- it is nice to have a variety of ways to write/read a trip report! Some just point out the highlights while others go into great detail. Some concentrate on gambling others on restaurants, others on hotels,etc. This gives everyone the opportunity to pick and choose what they want to read and find out information that can be useful for them. You are never going to have a one-size-fits-all TR- and that is a really good thing!


I agree, please post them - how ever you want to. I too forget who is who if lots of time has past, but I just skim it again! If it is not something that interests me, I skip it and look for the next.

My preference is a summary on the first post (that will be at the top of every page) and the first and subsequent days in posts below (or on the following pages). I get lost if I have to look for threads with ';day # '; titles, but must admit I did that the first time I completed a trip report. I have also learned so much valuable info by reading other poster%26#39;s stories.


I am sorry, did not mean to offend anyone at all, it was just an observation. As I said I LOVE all TR%26#39;s no matter how short or how long. I love the different styles of writing, everyone is so unique. I was not implying in any way to stop writing at all. I will go to my corner now..


No offence taken ! ( just a twinge of guilt ! )


I don%26#39;t mind lengthy TRs if they are easy to read, coherent, organized and give information for future Vegas visits. Usually, I%26#39;ll skim or skip the airline/airport parts. I get lost when they are posted over several days or longer. Overall, I love to read them!

  • deal with long distance relationship
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment