Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vegas Recovery Program

Vegas Recovery Program:



Step one: Denial. It can%26#39;t be over. I can%26#39;t believe I will wake up tomorrow in my bed instead of the incredible view of the strip.





Step two: Sobering up. Drinking lots of water so the last of the binge drinking is out of my blood stream.





Step three: Reality Check: I can%26#39;t be sitting at my desk waiting for my next break. I should be sitting at a WOF machine waiting for the cocktail waitress.





Step four: Depression....deep dark unbelievable depression.





Step five: Final recovery... I just picked the dates out for my next trip.



Vegas Recovery Program


sigh....ditto.



Vegas Recovery Program


I am stuck in step 4. Got back 8 weeks ago from last trip, and although I KNOW I will go back next year, I have no idea WHEN! (Hopefully for the MEGA...)




Has it only been 6 weeks since we returned? It seems like forever since we were there and longer till we return. Step four seems to be the level I%26#39;ll be stuck on for a long, long time. There is no recovery without Step five.





Now, share with us the dates you will be there. Is it before the MegaMeet? Will it be in addition to the Mega?





Camille




I%26#39;m in a combination of Step Three and Four. But I%26#39;ve already checked out airfares for several dates four months from now as well as hotel rates.





I%26#39;m going through Vegas withdrawal!




It%26#39;s so funny, because I really thought that I wouldn%26#39;t want to go back to Vegas for a long time after the trips we%26#39;ve taken there this year.





Now, here I am on this forum again, dreaming of Vegas. I was supposed to wait until May to go with mom %26amp; sis, %26amp; then June for the Mega - but just last night my very best friend asked if we still wanted to go with them in Jan. Oh what the heck, I guess I HAVE to go :)




Just got back friday and already had dates for our next trip picked out before we even left on this trip. I waited to book the next trip until after the current trip is over. Booked Sat for March.




I%26#39;m not in denial. I%26#39;m not.





Ok, so really I%26#39;m sitting at my desk wondering why it would have been inappropriate to come to work after having my morning mimosas. And wanting to cry because I couldn%26#39;t find a good reason to book the Ding fares to Vegas that were waiting for me this morning. Boooo.




Hey, do they make a patch for this?




';Hey, do they make a patch for this?';





No, but I think you can get acupuncture...lol...





My depression lasted a while longer than it should have... mostly because this trip wasn%26#39;t the best we%26#39;ve had. We had a spare person with us and we worked every day. That will be the last time that happens. Next time we go, it will be for vacation. At least part of the trip anyway.




I%26#39;m going to try my best to make it for the Mega. It all depends on when my kids move to Oregon (around the same time) and we have to make a trip there to help (and deliver the granddaughter). I%26#39;m trying to do a one way to Portland and then a one way from Eugine to Vegas and a one way home. We shall see. DH still hasn%26#39;t agreed to this so I%26#39;m going to bribe him with Vegas...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment