Friday, April 13, 2012

Going to Vegas with very little money

I already wrote a TR about my trip so I wanted to see how many others have been in the same boat I was in. I go once or twice a year. This was my first trip in a year. MY friend rented a car and paid for the room and told me not to worry abut money so I took $200. Spent $150 on gambling the first night and 20 bucks on dinner so I was left with 30 on the first night. I CAN%26#39;T DESCRIBE THE WAY I FELT BUT I WAS DEPRESSED. EVEN IF YOU HAVE MONEY BUT DON%26#39;T SPEND IT, AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU HAVE MONEY AND COULD SPEND IT. WELL, BEING IN VEGAS WITH NO CASH IS JUST TERRIBLE. Ok, enough caps....lol...I usually take $1000-1500 for two days. Sometimes I spend it ....sometimes I come home with $200 in my pocket. Anyways I was just wondering how many of you have ever been in this situation. I couldn%26#39;t believe it. Here I am in Vegas. The place I love and look forward to sooooo much and I couldn%26#39;t enjoy it as much as I wanted. I learned my lesson. Never again will I go with less than $7-800 or so.



Going to Vegas with very little money


I wouldn%26#39;t with that little but I am the Queen of Budgets and I would have never spent that the first night. What were you thinking?





Sher



Going to Vegas with very little money


ouch !!





I%26#39;d be torn -



I would have either not gone at all -



or not gambled at all -





both are tough temtations to give up -



but I%26#39;d be freakin if I only had $30.





you still there ?




I really don%26#39;t understand you.



If you always take $1000 to $1500, then why did you only take $200 this time?




I know a little of how you feel.....



Took a budget trip in June after the May trip.... Can%26#39;t say I can really enjoy Vegas without taking the proper amount of cash....hated not being able to eat and the good restaurants.... M%26amp;G made the whole trip worth while... but $200? I%26#39;d feel guilty...so, yeah...I understand why you felt that way....




Good thing you were only staying 2 days.




Yes, I am in the middle of paying off credit card bills and a student loan so I will not use my Credit cards in the past. In the past, I would have just got a bunch of cash of my cards or charged a bunch of stuff. I really wanted to see O this time or possibly Phantom, but I will hit them next time. So, I%26#39;m happy I got away with it but I did learn my lesson. I was leaning on backing out a few days before we left but my friends would not let me do that. Good friends in the aspect. They probably gave me $200-300 in cash, food, drinks that they bought me. It was just different. I usually like to take a lot more than I need and this time I had a lot less.....:=) And the reason I went big on the first night was I put down $150 on a 2-team parlee bet. So I was hoping to win and that would have given me like $400 plus my 150 and I would have been ok but I won one game and lost the other and in parlee bets the odds are better that way but also tougher to win because you have to win both games instead of just one.




Ding Dong.





I need a BROMO%26gt;




From your TR it sounds like you had a pretty good time even though you didn%26#39;t take much money- a nice suite (o.k. shared), having a lot of fun and drinks with friends, etc.



I can%26#39;t even imagine being left with only $30 after the first night! I would be hitting that ATM machine big time!




........and I don%26#39;t have an atm card.....did but got rid of it......if i had it i would have been there before you could say ';broke'; and that was me at that moment.........lol.....yes...a good time was had indeed..........believe me I felt helpless! We usually drive but next time we are taking a plane. I live in So Cal, anyone do this? Is it a lot better than driving? I usually like the drive there...talking....messing around...getting excited.....but the drive back is boring and loooooooong.......does anyone prefer flying instead of the long drive?






I am in the exact same predicament after having to cancel my original trip in September. I went ahead and booked both legs of my flights, but too many things have come up.





I kept saying, just go for a break, but I like to gamble, so you%26#39;ve been a big help and just convinced me to cancel. I%26#39;ve been hoping maybe I%26#39;ll get some early Christmas money, but I don%26#39;t want to go and be miserable. Glad you still had a good time though!


  • facial surgery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment