Friday, March 30, 2012

Dublin to Las Vegas via New York (with Delta)

Has anyone done this trip to LV with Delta? I see that the stopover time is only 90 minutes but the travel agent I checked with (I ended up booking directly with Delta) assure me 90 mins is sufficient - I%26#39;m worried though, as apparently you have to collect your bags in new york and re-check them. I%26#39;d appreciate if anyone could put my mind at rest - we%26#39;re only going for 5 days so it%26#39;d be disastrous to miss our flight from NY!



Dublin to Las Vegas via New York (with Delta)


It is not the collecting and re-checking bags that is the hold up, it%26#39;s getting through immigration.





Ask for seats near the front of the plane when you check in or, better still, call Delta and reserve your seats ahead of time. This will mean you are nearer the front of the immigration queue and give you a better chance.





90 mins is cutting it fine, but it can be done. We have taken an hour to clear immigration, but with getting seats nearer the front of the cabin we%26#39;ve done it in 30 mins.





Good luck and I hope you are worrying needlessly.



Dublin to Las Vegas via New York (with Delta)


Thanks Lucy, unfortunately the best seats I could get were halfway down the plane so we%26#39;ll have to elbow our way off!! I was thinking that, as we clear immigration in Dublin now, that might save some time but I%26#39;m not 100% sure of that.




i did this trip a couple of years ago, your bags should be checked through to vegas. when you arrive at jfk you just collect your bag and place it another belt and thats you. i even got my seat number in dublin for my flight from jfk to vegas.90 mins should be ok, coz your booked through even if you miss your flight your on the next one to vegas.. good luck. good trip.




Thanks so much northernirish, you%26#39;ve been very reassuring, hopefully all will go well. Its a surprise trip for my husband%26#39;s 40th so I%26#39;d hate anything to go wrong!




Debs,



I haven%26#39;t done this trip (but will be next year)but I%26#39;ve travelled Us Air to Orlando with a similar length stop in Philadelphia. You clear immigration in Ireland, so you won%26#39;t have to do that again. The previous poster is correct, you just have to pick up your baggage and put it on another belt. We were running short of time this August just gone so we asked a member of staff to help and they brought us to the front of the queue. You should get your ticket for both legs of the trip in Dublin, so that will save you more time. Also, if worse comes to worse, I%26#39;m sure Delta will get you on the next available flight to Vegas, I%26#39;m sure you wouldn%26#39;t miss a full day. Have a great time!




Thank you for all your responses, I%26#39;m going to stop worrying about it and start looking forward to the trip!




How%26#39;s this?





You are going to Vegas, and I%26#39;m not! LOL





Hope you have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment