Friday, March 30, 2012

Hoover Dam

Hello Everyone, and Thanks to all that post. I%26#39;ve learned so much here.

We are going Dec. 10-15. We are going to rent a car one day, and drive to the Hoover Dam and then up to VOF. My question, is it better to go to Hoover Dam first? Also, is there a scheduled tour at the Dam to take? i know you can%26#39;t go down into the dam anymore.

Finally, what is the best route to take from Hoover to VOF?

Thanks in advance!

Hoover Dam

Thank God you cant go into the Dam anymore that was one of the most biring days of my life

Hoover Dam

I found it interesting. You need to go 1st thing as it is a major route to Arizona and the trafffic after midday can be tailbacked for 2-3 hours, it was when we were there on wed. but we avoided it by going early. We then took a drive through the valley of fire which was also interesting. I would certainly advise the HD, they also do tours and you can take a boat ride although we didnt.


I am planning on doing a similar trip.....

I want to arrive at Hoover Dam no later than 9am, do a guided tour, and then drive to Valley of Fire to take pictures (not really hike or anything like that).

Is it best to get the rental car the night before and then return it after my trip to Valley of Fire? Or rent it the day of?


Thanks


Gaby - we rented our car the day of the trip to Hoover/VOF. We did both places, then returned it the following day. This way, you have no time restraints in the evening, and it worked out perfectly for us.

  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment