Friday, March 30, 2012

You all hate Vegas..

Just curious from reading many of your posts (all the regular Vegas lovers) that you all suffered from Vegas withdrawal when you went back to your hometown.





Would you feel the same if you lived here in Vegas or would the warm fuzzies about Vegas worn out after awhile and you then dream about vacationing in other part of the world?





This is not a post meant to provoke negative response, just trying to get a different perspective.



You all hate Vegas..


I don%26#39;t think I can answer this question fairly, unless I ever moved to Vegas.



My friend lives in Summerlin, goes to a show every once in a while, and joins friends for dinner when they arrive in town. But I know for sure that any other time he avoids the strip, and all his vacations are away from Vegas.



You all hate Vegas..


Would love the chance :)



LOL u still spiderpiggin



up the blades




rptlam, it would seem you would be the one with the answer to this question. Since we don%26#39;t live there, we really don%26#39;t know. How do you feel about it?





Personally, I know it would lose it%26#39;s charm for me after awhile. I love dessert (the sweet stuff - so you know I didn%26#39;t misspell Mojave ), but don%26#39;t want a steady diet of it.





A vacation is a break from the norm, usually away from your everyday life. If I lived in Las Vegas, I%26#39;m sure I would dream of vacations in other parts of the world.





Camille




That sounds like me.





I do love Vegas and the convenience of what it has to offer, but I think most of us who have lived here, especially for awhile, will do what your friend did. Kind of like working in the desert section in a restaurant, you cant possibly keep eating those delicious deserts everyday.




LVescape:





We must be thinking on the same path, typed mine while you were typing yours.





BTW I did mis-spell mine (dessert). Funny we were using the same dessert analogy.




I enjoy a variety of activities and want to be busy doing something or going somewhere all the time. I had a teacher one time tell me that the worst thing someone could do to me would be to lock me in a room by myself! LOL





Anyway there are so many activities, beautiful natural beauty in the area, restaurants galore, a great university with plenty of opportunities for sports, art, music, etc. venues.





I just cannot imagine ever running out of something to do...the weather is also one of the attractions for me since there is something about the southwest part of the U.S. that I love.





I agree though with Low that I can%26#39;t absolutely say I would feel the same unless I had the opportunity to try living there for a couple of years...and that just isn%26#39;t an option right now for us :(




no, we don%26#39;t all suffer from LV withdrawal - that is a rather silly concept, it is after all, just another place that offers something most of us do not have available on a daily basis. it%26#39;s different - which is part of the attraction.



I, like many posters, travel often and LV is just one of the places we frequent. Many of our business associates like LV since it offers so much - and it is easy for many people to access from all geopgraphic areas. Last week we landed, conducted business and was back on plane 4 hours later.



Of course living anywhere is different than visiting. We were in Broward County recently - it is now an awful place, you couldn%26#39;t pay me to live in Ft lauderdale, our home is in Palm beach which is just OK - when we bought this property 50 years ago and lived there the area was a true gem. That doesn;t stop from vacationing in SOFLA. Places change, living somewhere is much different than vacationing.



i%26#39;m not sure if people have LV withdrawal or just vacation withdrawal since they are back to normal life. LV is what it is - I don;t understand people saying they are having withdrawal - so what? it%26#39;s important to them.




The same can be said for any city; I%26#39;ve lived in the NYC metro area my whole life, and Brooklyn for the last 10 years. I commute into NYC every single day and to be honest, I never grow tired of the city. I am aware that Vegas is completely different than NYC and I%26#39;d never relocate to LV from NYC, BUT what%26#39;s wrong with feeling an affection for a city? I would imagine some could make this argument about NYC as well, yet it remains one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.





Personally I visited Vegas in June of 2007, had a blast, and I%26#39;m on my way back for Fight Night in February of 2008. Vegas has a certain allure for even the most jaded individual in my opinion; it%26#39;s just a fun place!





Viva Las Vegas!!!




People who live in a tourist destination don%26#39;t appreciate what their area offers until they move somewhere else. I%26#39;ve lived in the DC area since 1997. Did all the touristy stuff my first 6 months here, rarely since. it would be the same situation if I lived in Las vegas or orlando. Visit when you have friends/relatives in, almost never at other times.




i love Vegas, to visit, but could never live there. Too much traffic and crime....The only alternative would be to live at City Center

No comments:

Post a Comment