Friday, March 30, 2012

leaving tonight... one last quick question re: Paris

I keep singing ';I%26#39;m So Excited';!!! We%26#39;re leaving later today. My husband has a conference and my mom is coming with us since we are taking our 4 month old. We are staying at Paris as my mom gets comped rooms and wanted to stay there.





She called today and they gave her a choice of 2 rooms on the 30th floor, which have been renovated, but no view or 2 rooms on a lower floor that do have a view of the fountains.





I%26#39;m looking for any feedback about the difference in the two.





I also was wondering what an average tip would be for a limo from the airport to the hotel. I booked with Presidential Limos for the $114 champagne and roses round trip transfer.





I wanted to thank everyone whho posts on this forum, it has been a wealth of information it has gotten me so excited for this trip!



leaving tonight... one last quick question re: Paris


for the rooms can%26#39;t your mom help with thi since she gets the comps she might know the property? if not it%26#39;s a personal decision between view v renovated room - pick what%26#39; important to you





tip 15-20%, split each way since you may not have the same driver each leg



leaving tonight... one last quick question re: Paris


We stayed at the Paris last year and were upgraded to strip / fountain view. It had a very good view of the Eiffel Tower but then the view of the fountain was 30% blocked by it (bang in the middle in my case).





I didn%26#39;t know they were renovating rooms at Paris. May be it%26#39;s worth a try cos the old rooms were showing their age.





Overall Paris is a nice hotel and you will enjoy it. Have a great trip.




Only you can decide whether you prefer a room with a fountain view or a room with updated, new furnishings.




I can%26#39;t help with Paris but can help with the limo tipping.



Just like with a restaurant server, tipping limo drivers should be based on services rendered. If the driver simply does their job a $10 tip is appropriate each way depending on how many bags you have. On the other hand, if they take you to a store for snacks, water, booze etc. or on a short Striip tour or just otherwise go above and beyond, a $20 tip or more is in order. The last and least desirable situation would be a grumpy, lazy or otherwise bad driver. They should get from less than $10 to 0 for a tip.



BTW, that was 2 questions, not one. ;-)




We stayed at Paris in April and were given a non-renovated room. The room itself was ok, but the king bed had a serious sag to it and the A/C didn%26#39;t work well. I called the front desk and they moved us to a renovated room. The furnishings were so much nicer ... new bed, new linens, new loveseat, new carpet. The bathroom looked the same (both were really nice with separate glass shower, tub and lots of counter space). We didn%26#39;t have a view in either room, so I can%26#39;t comment on that. But my vote would be for the nicer furnishings.




...or you could get one on the 30th and one on the lower floor, so one room would have the view. (just a thought) I would probably go for the renovated room, but that is just me and have been to Vegas so many times that view isn%26#39;t as important to me sometimes as the condition of the room.





I remember your posts from the initial planning, so please let us know when you return how the trip goes and if you enjoy your stay...and hope you have a relaxing time (what a great Mom)!!!!




oops you%26#39;re right Dr. Vegas, I did sneak in a second question, thanks for the reply though!





I think we will go with the renovated rooms and forgo the view. I have a feeling I%26#39;ll be spending more time in the room than I want to so a nicer room is kind of important.





I%26#39;ll be sure to post a report when I get back. Hopefully I%26#39;ll be able to try some restaurants, bars, and the slushie drinks!!





Thanks again!




Just a thought... you can go see both rooms if they are still available at check-in and then make your decision!!!




Thanks scruises.. that%26#39;s a good idea. I think we may be too tired though since it will be after 1am our time when we get there.





I wonder could we stay in the renovated room tonight and possibly switch to a room with a view tomorrow??




mike%26#39;sgirl....





I just stayed in a fountain view non-renovated room in October...I have stayed at Paris many times in the past few years, and have always managed to get a fountain view. They are amazing!!!! To me...there is nothing like sitting in a dark room at the end of the night....and watching those fountains. =)





The non-renovated rooms are still very nice IMO. Yes....they don%26#39;t have fancy flat screen TV%26#39;s...but the bathrooms are big...separate glass shower and tub......and I think they are still very nice. Of course I haven%26#39;t stayed in a renovated room, so I don%26#39;t know what I%26#39;m missing! LOL......





I think you%26#39;ll be happy with either.....but for me, I%26#39;d go for those fountains! =) I was on the 22nd floor if you need a reference point and had an amazing view......

No comments:

Post a Comment