Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1 week stay: 1 or 3 Hotels??

We%26#39;ll be in Vegas around X-mas (our 2nd time) and i%26#39;m wondering if we should stay at 1 hotel or move around a bit.



We won%26#39;t be renting a car and we%26#39;ll be taking a cab or walking everywhere. We%26#39;re in our mid-thirties and I think that 1 week in the same place is too long. But my husband doesn%26#39;t want to move around too much.



I was thinking of TI for 2 nights, then Bally%26#39;s for 3 and maybe MGM for the last 2 nights.



Is that too much? what do the experts recommend?



1 week stay: 1 or 3 Hotels??


We%26#39;ve done 3 rooms in a week, but personally I would say 2 would be the ideal amount so you%26#39;re not spending a lot of time moving around.



1 week stay: 1 or 3 Hotels??


Why waste time moving from hotel to hotel if you%26#39;re just there for a week?



I don%26#39;t get it!




Its good to split yuor time you dont waste time travelling from say Luxor to TI, but one at either end of the strip is enough I owuld not do 3






I think you should pick one place you want to stay at the most



instead of moving around. We stayed at Treasure Island and



location was great. We stayed in a suite and it was luxurious.




I%26#39;m obviously not the norm on this subject but I will be in Vegas next week and staying 5 days and I%26#39;m staying in 3 hotels. I never stay more than 2 nights in one place. I love trying out new ones and try to make a new one on every trip. If your husband doesn%26#39;t like moving around than at least stay in 2 different hotels. I always rent a car so it%26#39;s easy for me to move around.




Reagrdless of whether you have a car or not, when you add up the amount of time you will spend checking in (especially if there is a line) and checking out, packing and unpacking, that is precious Vegas time that could better be spent doing something fun. I%26#39;d limit yourself to two hotels max, but for myself, I would rather pick one place and just stay there, if it meets my expectations.




HI all, I like the two hotel answers. The strip is sooo long that if you stay in one place you don%26#39;t really get to experience the whole strip. Just too long to walk down. I would stay at something like NYNY or MGM, then maybe move north to the TI or Harrahs or Wynn. DT might even be a fun place to stay if you have not stayed there befroe. One hotel for a week is just too limiting if you want to see Vegas. For just gambling and nothing else. Stay where you gamble.



Cheers,



CS




Seems like alot of people like moving around to different hotels on a stay. I%26#39;m selfish I guess, my Vegas time is too valuable to be spending time packing and unpacking,checking in and out and moving my luggage around the strip. I like finding a hotel, setting up camp and staying in it the whole trip.





If you don%26#39;t mind moving around and enjoy trying out all different hotels on a stay then you should. It%26#39;s your vacation, do what makes you happy.





Have Fun!




I wonder if this is a gender thing. I hate to change hotels.





I don%26#39;t like having to pack, check the room for overlooked items, wait for the bellman, check out, travel to the next hotel, wait in line to check-in, hang around waiting for the bags to be delivered to the new room, make sure the new room is acceptable (views of parking structures, massive A/C units near my windows, ...), unpack, call housekeeping for whatever we need, report to housekeeping or maintenance any defects I%26#39;ve discovered in the new room, etc.





I am supposed to go through all of this trouble [plus a minor expense -- figure $10 minimum for the bellmen at the two hotels, plus $5 for housekeeping for the extra towels and the extra pillows and the ...] for exactly what???





If I am getting a 4 day comp at one hotel and then a 3 day comp at another, OK, I can understand changing hotels. But there has to be a pretty good reason to switch!!




There%26#39;s nothing to pack if you don%26#39;t unpack. That%26#39;s the big waste of time. I%26#39;m not moving into the darn hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment