Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trip Report 11/10/07 to 11/14/07 (Very Long)

Hi. I wanted to post a trip report as I have lurked around here reading others and gathering information for trips for the last few months. Hope its not to long and boring. I will post as a reply.

Trip Report 11/10/07 to 11/14/07 (Very Long)

Day 1( Sat, Nov. 10th)

Airport travel- I traveled from BWI via USAirways nonstop with about 14 people. Flights was smooth on the way to LAS, but when we got there we had to circle the Las Vegas area for 30 minutes because of airport traffic. We had some first time flyers who did great, but were not happy about the circles the plane kept making. Our flight left LAS at about 5pm. We got through security without any lines. Our flight back was very bumpy. In fact, the majority of the flight, the flight attendants had to stay seated. Overall, airport travel travel was easy and USAirways was a decent carrier.

We took an airport shuttle bus to Bally%26#39;s. Normally, we wouldn%26#39;t do this, but when you have 14 people we took up almost the whole shuttle and so it went straight to Bally%26#39;s without the normal hotel stops. It cost us $12 each round trip for the shuttle bus. When we arrived at Bally%26#39;s we went to see if our rooms were ready (it was 11:30am). Some of our groups rooms were ready and some were not. Renovated rooms were offered to some for free(no $20 trick) and some were asked to pay $20 per night. It was pretty random on who they gave the renovated rooms to.

Anyway, by this time we were hungry and tired of being in a large group. Everybody split up to find their own food. I went to the Sidewalk Cafe with a group of 4 and just had a burger and fries. The food was good. Afterwards, I had to meet up with a different group to go pick up our Le Reve tickets at Wynn and sign up for the RED card. We had booked using the Travelzoo upgrade which gave us $25 in free slot play. We walked from Bally%26#39;s to Wynn and got our tickets. We all signed up for the RED card and tried to get as many free buffets as we could (we had 6 people trying to get free Buffets-which were 25 points for 1 free or 50 points for 2 free). Well, we all split up and I go to a 25 cent machine and play and hit for $250 on the free slot play. I play a little more and I am down to $225 and see that my points are at 38. Well, I said I would play a little longer and see if I could get the 50 points. I play for about an hour and got down to $175 beofre cashing out and I checked my points and I had 147 points. I go find everyone in the group and all have earned enough for 2 free buffets except 2. One has 10 points and the other has 2 points. We figured when we came back for the show they could play again and see if they could get more points. By this time, some of the group is tired and doesn%26#39;t want to walk back to Bally%26#39;s. We convince them to walk and once we get back to Bally%26#39;s everyone goes their seperate ways. Most for naps, but me to find some more slots.

Well, I go around to different slots and not having much luck. Also the drink service in some areas of Bally%26#39;s was non-exsistent. Finally, I found the new love of my life-a 1 cent Monopoly money grab machine. This was the machine I went back to for the rest of trip. Its a really cute machine and when you get the bonuses (especially the money grab spins when all the characters dance) its really fun! Anyway, drink service was a little better in this section during the day, but when I played at night and asked for a strawberry dacquri (sp?) I was told I can%26#39;t have a frozen drink in this section! WTF! So, because I am playing a penny machine, I can%26#39;t have a frozen drink. I can%26#39;t believe that. That really kind of upset me because I had one earlier in the day on the same machines and in reality on most penny machines with all those lines you can end of playing $2 or $3 a spin. Well, that irritated me, so since it was almost time to go see Le Reve at 10:30pm, I went back my room to shower and change in to some dressier clothes.

We had 7 people going to see Le Reve that night and we decided to take a cab (well 2 cabs, because the max allowed in 1 cab is 5). From Bally%26#39;s to Wynn it cost one group $6.50 + tip and the other $8 + tip ( just letting you know cab prices for those interested). We got to Wynn had about 30 minutes until the doors opened so we went to hit the slots again and see if we could get those other 2 some more points for the buffet. We each played a little and by then end had enough points for 2 more free buffets. We gave up on the last card because for some reason we all ran out of luck and couldnt get points for the life of us. We went to see Le Reve. It was a really good show. I wasn%26#39;t really sure I would like it, but I enjoyed it. I didn%26#39;t really get the story line, but the acrobatics were amazing. Anyway, after the show ended we went to the cab line. Now, we should have seen this coming, but the cab attendant says why don%26#39;t you take a limo so you can all go in one. Now how much more can a limo be from Wynn to Ballys be when the cab ride was about $8. Well, when we get out of the limo he tells us $60. What? Now, I don%26#39;t take limos on a normal basis, but I seem to remember having a limo from the airport to the Flamingo roundtrip for about $80. I guess limos don%26#39;t run on meters -LOL. Oh well, we will be walking or cabbing it from now on. Well, we get back to Ballys and its off to bed for me, since I had been up over 24 hours.

Day 2 (Sun, Nov 11th)-

I decided to walk down to the Venetian with 2 others because they wanted to see the wax museum and take some pictures of the strip. We walked down and stop all along the way. This was both of the other 2s first time in Vegas. They got talked into do one of those videos. They were on a motor cycle and the guy was yelling directions to them and then the finished product shows them riding through Las Vegas on a motorcycle, punching cops, stealing money, and doing all kinds of crazy things. It was a great laugh and they both were talked into buying a set each. It cost them $85 for 2 sets of a DVD, wallet size pictures, and key chain. We get down to the Venetian and the line for the museum was long and they decided to come back later in the week. We walked over to the Mirage and decide to go to the dolphin habitat and secret garden. It was nice and the baby dolphin was cute. The tigers were gorgeous and we enjoyed the time we spent there. Now, everyone was tired and we went to find a cab back to Bally%26#39;s. We got into the cab and the cabbie tells us that the end of America will be on Tuesday. Now, I know that I haven%26#39;t been watching the news for over 24 hours, but whats going on? He says that the economy is screwed because nobody wants our stuff and he kept going on (he was yelling the whole time). There were these Russian skaters out promoting a show and he says I am going to hit one of those Commy bast....! We were all laughing except for the girl who sat up front she keeps talking to him and eggs him on. She said you don%26#39;t want to do that becasue they might get you. He says don%26#39;t worry I am well protected in this cab. Great..please get me to Bally%26#39;s quickly. The cab cost was about $ 8 or $9 + tip. (can%26#39;t quite remember).

We have not eaten to that point and we caught up with the others and decide to go use our free buffets for at the Wynn for dinner. Now, the line for the Wynn buffet was long. It took about 35 minutes to get through and sadly it did not meet our expectations. For some reason, it just didn%26#39;t seem like there was a big variety like at other buffets. It was free for most of us(only 2 in our group of 14 paid) and so for that it was worth it. We ate and then headed back to Bally%26#39;s via cab. Now, for the first time I have seen since I had been to Vegas..it was raining. It wasn%26#39;t raining hard, but just enough to get things wet. Well, everyone split up and I head to see if Monopoly is open. This time I am able to get my strawberry dacquri and the bonuses are happening quite often. All the machines were full and we had a good time watching each others bonuses come up. It really is just a fun game. Its about 1:30 am and now I am hungry again because I didn%26#39;t each much at the buffet. I go to Nosh and get a turkey sandwich. This hits the spot because the bread is so fresh and the turkey is good. Well, I go upstairs relax and watch a little TV and then its off to bed.

Day 3 (Mon, Nov. 12th)-

I get up and take the 2 that were with me yesterday on a walk to the other end of the strip. We stopped by the shops in Planet Hollywood and went to the ABC store and also to La Salsa Cantina for food. We got burritos and they filled us up and we headed down through all the shops and up to Coke place and M%26amp;M world. I showed them around MGM, New York, New York and then they were tired. I convinced them to walk back to Bally%26#39;s, but they were not happy with me. We seperated and I went to play Monopoly. This time I took one of the 2 with me, but she says ';I am not a gambler, but I will play $10';. (Now, by then end of our trip she spent over $500 gambling and she had said she didn%26#39;t think she would play more than $20 a day). Well, it didn%26#39;t take much and she was hooked on Monopoly also. We were both up over $100 and we both ended up losing it all. We would normally play 50 cents a spin. Now, if you know anything about the game, when you get 3 chance cards you get to pick to see if you get 5 free spins, top bonus, or a small amount of credits. Well, I got 5 chance cards and I picked 15 free spins and I was up to $165 and the slot attendant says Wow, I have never seen that happen, but you better play max credits next time. Well, she talked me into it and I ended up losing $65 doing max credits (it was about $2.50 a spin) and cursing myself for not cashing out (I just never seem to be able to cash out and walk away).

We weren%26#39;t sure what to do for the evening, but the 2 wanted to go to the top of the Stratosphere. So, I said lets just go see the American Superstars show and then go to the top. Well, we get to the Stratosphere and get in line ot buy show tickets. Well, this guy said he had bought 3 tickets and now his wife didn%26#39;t want to go. So he was giving all 3 away (if that was anyone on here..thanks so much.) for free. Well, we go get a pizza before the show at the pizza place and it was very good pizza. Then we each get a drink at the bar before the show. The show itself was entertaining. The only one I didn%26#39;t think was that good was the Brittney Spears. She couldn%26#39;t dance and she looked a little old to be playing her. Anyway, the only annoying thing about the show was the photographer at the beginning. He wanted everyone to do a bunch of poses and after about 3 pictures he was starting to pluck my nerves. Well, after the show the stars are in the lobby and you can get pictures with them. It was like a madhouse, so we skipped it and got in line to go up to the tower. It was a beautiful view. You could see so much and all those lights were spectacular. Anyway, we leave and get in a cab and the cab driver doesn%26#39;t speak to us. He starts going a bunch of back alleys and locks the door. Now, I watch a lot of crime shows and forensic files and start to get a little nervous. I start to feel around for a handle to open the door in case I have to jump out and there isn%26#39;t one. Great, now all kinds of escape plans are running through my head and what I can hit him with if he tries something. Well, after a long route and my imagination running wild, we get back to Bally%26#39;s safely. We head straight for the Monopoly machines and play for about an hour. I told them they had to see the Bellagio fountains at night before they left, so we walked over to Bellagio and watched 2 shows. We then go off to bed.

Day 4 (Tues, Nov 13th)-

We all get up a little later today and decided to go to Bally%26#39;s buffet for breakfast. It was really good and filled us up for most of the day. The 2 decide they are going back to the Venetian to go to the wax museum and I say I will catch up with them later. Thank goodness...I finally get some alone time. So, I head back to Monopoly and play for about 2 hours. One of the others in the group asks if I would walk with her to the Hawaiian Market place because she decided she wants to buy something she saw there earlier. So, we walk there and she goes up to the guy and of course just for her he has a special deal (isnt that always the case). She started out buying this nail thing for $60 and ended up spending $115 with all the stuff he talked her into. Of course he said he would lose his job if they found out what kind of deal she was getting. Well, we headed back to Bally%26#39;s, but she wanted to get something for her new grandbaby at one of the shops she saw in the Planet Hollywood mall. So, we go into the mall and she gets what she wants and we walk to Bally%26#39;s. Its now about 6pm and I get a call from the other 2 and they want to go to Dicks Last Resort at the Excalibur. I told them I didnt want to go, but that I would catch them later. I went and played more Monopoly, had a few drinks, and got another sandwich from Nosh and went upstairs to the room for awhile. I watched a little bit of House and then they called and said they were downstairs at a little lounge called Indigo. The lounge was nice and the live band was great and we stayed there until about 1:30am. By the way, they thought Dick%26#39;s was hilarious and the food decent. Anyway, we stopped by Monoploy, but it was full, so we just went upstairs and went to bed.

Day 5 (Wed, Nov 14th)-

This was the last day, so I got up and packed and then left the room about 8 am. We stored our bags at the Bell desk and then headed to the Bally%26#39;s buffet again. Again it was good. We then go to play Monoploy for a little while and I go to the Total Rewards desk to see if I have anything. Now, I usually don%26#39;t bother much with the cards after a few times because it drives me crazy when they wont read in the slot machines right away, but I told myself I wouldn%26#39;t play without using it. Also, one of the girls didn%26#39;t want to sign up for a card used mine, so I racked up some points this time. Well, I get 4 blankets and I have $36 in comps to use. So, I go into one of the shops and get 2 tshirts for my husband, who won%26#39;t come because he refuses to get on a suicide bird (airplane) as he calls it. We walk around a little bit looking in the shops and then we decide to go to Nosh to have a soda and snack. Well, I bought for me and the girl who used my card with the rest of my comps. Overall, I was impressed that I got some comps. We had to catch the shuttle back to the airport at 2:30pm and we had the worst shuttle driver with the worst attitude ever. We get through check in and security in about 20 minutes which was great, but we had almost a 2 hour wait at the airport. By then, we were all tired and ready to go, but I was sad and thinking about my next trip in July 2008.

Overall, I just wanted to say that I loved Bally%26#39;s. It was great for the price and you can%26#39;t beat the location and the hotel rooms were big and clean. I will stay here again, but will try to get a renovated room. Well, I hope this didn%26#39;t put you to sleep. Thanks for all the help you guys give to those planning trips. I got a lot of great tips from here. Take care and Happy Holidays to all!

Trip Report 11/10/07 to 11/14/07 (Very Long)

great trip report. Glad you had a good time and managed to get some comps.


great report, thanks for the details about ballys.


Enjoyed your TR...glad you had fun! Word of warning though, if your friend who was using your card had won a jackpot, they wouldn%26#39;t have given it to her! You have to have your accounts linked to do that. I know what you mean about the Monopoly game... it%26#39;s a lot of fun! I did well on it the first time I played... not so good after that!


Great trip report! Not too long and not boring at all! LOL about the cabs. I am writing my trip report in pieces but, I have some cab stories coming up in my story, too.

I have family from Hagerstown and my cousin used to live in Frederick. Have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your trip!


Great report really well written thanks for putting in the time


malvlover,

Why wouldnt she havnt gotten paid the jackpot? it shouldnt matter that somebody else%26#39;s card is in the machine at the time the jackpot is hit. What if you sat down at a slot and didnt realize there was a card already in the reader and you hit? Are you telling me they wouldnt give it to you???? Anybody know this for sure? I have played friends cards just to get them up to the Diamond Card since I already have Diamond and never even gave this a thought.

Thanks,

Crystal


thanks for the report. Will certainly go to bally%26#39;s and try out that monopoly game. Love monopoly and penny slots.


Excellent TR good job you semed to do a lot and glad you enjoyed Vegas.


Nice one amylynn.

Just read and enjoyed your report.

Thanks for taking the trouble....................

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment