Wednesday, April 25, 2012

San francisco to Lake Tahoe scenic route

Hi,



Could you suggest a scenic route from San francisco to South lake tahoe? We%26#39;re travelling during the thanksgiving weekend, so I think the weather is going to be good.





Which is a better route to take,



highway 4-89 (I read somewhere that Arnold to Markleeville is very scenic) OR



88-89 via Jackson



OR 50 via sacramento?





Thanks in advance!



shbrat



San francisco to Lake Tahoe scenic route


Your in luck, Highway 4- Ebbitts Pass is still open. It is by far more scenic than hwy 50 or 88. I had a friend that drove over hwy 4 for the first time, and he kept telling me how scenic it is. Be advised however, about 25 miles is only a lane and a half wide with no white line down the center.





Here is my rating on the scenic routes through the central Sierra:





1. Tioga Pass -120



2. Sonora Pass- 108



3. Ebbitts Pass- 4



4. Carson Pass-88



5. Monitor Pass/Luther Pass-89



6. Echo - 50



7. Donner Pass- 80





Just my opinons, but I travel over all of them multiple times each year.



San francisco to Lake Tahoe scenic route


Thanks for the info.. it was very helpful. I think we%26#39;re going to take the Ebbetts pass on the way to tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment