Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Palazzo or Mirage Tower Suite

Looks like I can sneak in a few days right before Christmas when there are some great rates. I would be able to stay at the Palazzo the very first night it is open (12/20). Or, I can get one of the great rates the Mirage is offering on their suites. The price is virtually identical. I%26#39;m think the Mirage Suite will be even more spacious, but then there is something neat about staying in a hotel the first night it is open. Any thoughts?



Palazzo or Mirage Tower Suite


Would it be more of a buzz to you to spend a night @ the Palazzo for the 1st day of its operation...in a new luxurious room and all the hooplah that will go along with it.....or have 1100sq foot of space that you probably dont need @ Mirage filled with older style furnishings and the like...





Only you can answer this question for yourself...but for me...its no question that my decision would be Palazzo...





Mirage will probably run those specials again....but theres only ever going to be 1 opening night stay @ Palazzo.





shirl%26#39;



Palazzo or Mirage Tower Suite


As far as I know, 12/20 is not the ';Grand Opening.'; I believe they call it a soft opening. They start taking guests a few days/weeks before the grand opening to work out some of the operational problems associated with a new hotel. I%26#39;m not expecting ribbon cutting and fanfares.




Please stay at the Palazzo - that way you could give us a first hand trip report afterwards. ; )




Palazzo all the way because (1) I can live vicariously through you, and (2) we stayed one night in a suite at Mirage in October and was not that impressed, especially compared to MB where we usually stay because Mirage is kind of dated now - with that in mind, Palazzo would be new and beautiful!





Have a great trip and make sure to let us all know the goings on when you get back!




I personally think being the first one to stay in a hotel would be a fun experience! No one else has ever stayed in that room before and it%26#39;s not going to ever be as clean as that first night? Besides it%26#39;s great bragging rights to stay that very first night! To me, the Venetian is a wonderful hotel, so it%26#39;s sister property would probably be that much nicer!



The only drawback is the possibility of working out the bugs. I stayed at the Bellagio very early on, and they still hadn%26#39;t gotten out all the bugs. Now it%26#39;s one of the finest properties on the strip!




Palazzo all the way baby...I am sure I will stay there sooner or later...I am just fine with the newly done suites at the Venetian in the original tower. I like to be close to the action...Slotto




newer is always better imho in Vegas. The Mirage room will be bigger, but that%26#39;s it.




I%26#39;ll buck the trend and vote for Mirage. I don%26#39;t stay at any hotel without reading reviews first. But you can%26#39;t read any reviews on Palazzo if you%26#39;re the first to stay there. Now it would be one thing if they were giving you the Palazzo room at a deep discount, but I%26#39;ve seen the rates and they are not that low. So you%26#39;re basically rolling the dice - it might be great at Palazzo or they might have a lot of bugs to work out and employees who don%26#39;t know what they%26#39;re doing. Call me unadventurous, but I like Mirage and I would rather stay there, where I know the service is good than take my chances on the unknown.




I stayed at Aladdin when it was 2 weeks old never again fire alarms going off in the middle of the night, elevators not working, room keys opening all rooms, men with drills no thanks


  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment