Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baggage issue...

I found this to be interesting...what the NYTimes has to say about baggage not arriving with passengers.





nytimes.com/2007/鈥?/a>



Baggage issue...


i%26#39;m not taking time to read the article, if it says missing luggage is an issue - it is. of course depends on many factors such as airline, airport, traffic loads, etc





for our leisure travel carry-on only. if we need something like golf clubs or formal wear we ship it to arrive at the hotel the day before we do.





land, walk out door to transpo and off we go - no missed luggage, no delays at baggage claim and most important - if a flight is delayed/rerouted/you have opportunity to switch flights at kast minute you have your luggage with you.



Baggage issue...


One hint- if there are two people flying- each with their own check-in bag-do not put all the clothes for one person in one bag and the clothes for the other person in the other bag. Mix up the clothes in the bags. If one bag is lost you will at least have some clothes for the two of you.




Also a good tip I learned is when going as a couple.....split your stuff up 50/50 in each others suitcase that way if one gets lost you still have clothes to work with. I also bring a carry on. No system will ever be 100% so you have to do what you can to help it not ruin your vacation.




LOL VP......same thoughts here.




I found one of the best ways to reduce the chance of lost luggage is to get to the AP early. The more time the baggage handlers have to load your luggage onto the right plane, the better the chances of having your stuff when you get there. Oh, and I always check my bags at the checkin desk, or make sure that if I have to get it to the Xray machine the people working there see my luggage before I leave it with them.




This article is about issues with the bar codes on the luggage tags!!




: - %26gt;



LOL chacha.




I was merely trying to give you a link to some issues with baggage that doesn%26#39;t involve human handling.




I read it. I had never heard of this until now. Thanks for the link.




While sitting in the terminal waiting for a flight one day I was watching the baggage carts come and go. One rounded a corner too quickly and a few of the bags tumbled off. The bags were not noticed in time by the handlers to make it on the outgoing flight. When they were noticed I saw that they were put on a different plane going to the same destination. Just one of many reasons why your bag(s) may not be there when you arrive.





Most airlines will deliver your missing bags to your hotel when they do finally show up. If they are missing for more than 24 hours you%26#39;re entitled to some sort of compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment