Sunday, April 15, 2012

Driving LV to Anaheim & back

We will be driving from LV to Anaheim on a sat morning/afternoon and returning mon evening.

Any tips or timings please.

Driving LV to Anaheim %26amp; back

I always drive from Los Angeles to Vegas.

You will be driving in a desert, so there is not much to see. I usually eat at Barstow, which is almost half way between Vegas and Anaheim.

The local traffic in Anaheim area will be bad, so try to get to Anaheim before 5 PM (start as early as you can).

Speed limit is 70 MPH but most drive 75 to 80 and some (like me) drive faster, so be careful.

If you are renting a car, make sure it has a big engine, you will need the power to get across those mountains.

Oh, fill up your tank in Vegas, it is much cheaper than in California

Driving LV to Anaheim %26amp; back

I%26#39;ve driven many times to southern Calif. on a Saturday morning, usually leaving about 7am or 8pm. No problem with traffic on regular days. On long weekend holidays you will see the Vegas bound traffic are heavy on the first day of the long weekend and Los Angeles bound traffic heavy on the last day of that long weekend. Sometimes it could be an hour stuck in traffic if there is accident involved. Fortunately for me, I am always opposite direction.

As for coming back from Anaheim to LV on a monday evening, as previous poster mentioned, 5pm in Southern Cal. can be horrendous since most people are getting off from work and going home. You may be stucked in slow traffic. During the stretch (approx 2 hours) from Anaheim to the I-10/I-15 exchange, I would try to either leave before 3pm or after 6pm to lessen the chance of getting stucked in traffic.


Thanks Guys.

  • how to deal with men
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment