Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wholesale Flower/Produce Markets??

I know that in many cities, there are wholesale flower and produce markets. Does Vegas have either? If so, where are they located?

Also, is there something comparable to the Toy District and/or the Garment District that we have in Los Angeles?

Much as I love Vegas, I am missing the discount shopping areas that I%26#39;m used to from Los Angeles!

Wholesale Flower/Produce Markets??

Come on, don%26#39;t tell me I stumped this crowd!

Wholesale Flower/Produce Markets??

We are the gambling capital of the world. Give us time to develop other areas.

Watch for the Furniture expo, we will be taking over HighPoint someday.

Toy district would be difficult since most of those are imported from Asia which required close proximity to the port. Vegas is not.

Garment District also required a high number of laborers (Legal or not) %26amp; New York and LA have plenty of those skilled/non skilled personnel.


Hey Mike... how about a farmers market? Certainly Vegas has one of those. We have one in my small town in Va. but not all of the produce is local. We just can%26#39;t seem to grow good oranges here.


I have never been there but here is the website:

http://www.lasvegasfarmersmarket.com/


I%26#39;ve been to the LV and Summerlin farmer%26#39;s markets. In fact, I had a great hot sausage sandwich at the Summerlin market last Tuesday afternoon. But the offerings were small and not necessarily local. The LV one is larger. In November the hours are 2-6, presume it is the same for December.

I used to manage a b and b and would go to the L.A. flower market at 4 am (and remember the ones in London opened at the same time locally). So I wonder---with all the hotels, restaurants and clubs that have elaborate floral arrangement needs, is there a local market? Or do the buyers fly into LA or Phoenix? Same for produce, meat, seafood? Hmmmm.

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment